Mr. Cohn began his practice as a law clerk to the Hon. Carolyn King on the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit. For more than three decades since then, Mr. Cohn has had a broad commercial law practice including business bankruptcy, commercial litigation, real estate and corporate transactions.
Mr. Cohn has handled numerous cases in state and federal courts, including arguments in the Texas Supreme Court and the United States Supreme Court. Mr. Cohn is a trained mediator and arbitrator, and he has also served as Special Disciplinary Counsel to the State Bar of Texas.
Mr. Cohn's clients include manufacturing, real estate and service companies; commercial banks and factors; and both individuals and businesses in reorganization proceedings.
Certified in Business Bankruptcy, Texas Board of Legal Specialization (since 1988)
Certified in Business Bankruptcy, American Bankruptcy Institute (since 1992)
Recognized as a “Super Lawyer,” Super Lawyer Magazine (since 2003)
Recognized as a “Top Lawyer in Houston,” H Texas Magazine (since 2010)
Mr. Cohn has attended the following mediation training institutes:
Program on Negotiation, Mediation Training Institute, Harvard Law School (2006)
Bankruptcy Mediation Training, ABI/St. John’s School of Law (2012)
Law Clerk, Honorable Carolyn Dineen King, U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit,
- Banking and Financial Services
- Bankruptcy and Creditors' Rights
- Commercial Litigation
- Real Estate
- Board Certified, Bankruptcy Law - Business, Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- Harvard Law School, J.D., cum laude, 1980
- University of Pennsylvania, M.A. in Political Science, 1977
- University of Pennsylvania, B.A. in Political Science, magna cum laude, 1977
- University of Pennsylvania, B.S. in Economics, magna cum laude, 1977
BAR & COURT ADMISSIONS
- U.S. District Courts for the Eastern, Southern, Western, and Northern Districts of Texas
- U.S. Courts of Appeals for the Fifth, Eight and Eleventh Circuits
- U.S. Supreme Court